Calling all brunchers!
The weekend is approaching!
Yes, I know it’s a couple of days away BUT the week is more than half-way done and that means we are more than half-way to a more relaxed morning where we’re not chowing down a quick bowl of cereal and rushing out the door to get grown-ups to work on time and kiddos to school before the bell rings. The weekend allows for a more thoughtful and intentional breakfast. And maybe if the kids sleep in just a little (pretty please!) we can even call it brunch. Enter the crustless zucchini bacon quiche.
While brunch sounds like it should be something kinda fancy, I
like LOVE how this quiche is ‘easy’ masquerading as ‘fancy.’ And better yet, it’s stealth health at it’s finest. You tricky quiche you.
This quiche recipe genius was passed on to me last summer by a friend when I had an abundance of zucchini growing in my garden and a plethora of parenting woes over how to get my oldest child to eat something from the vegetable food group. Yes, it’s come to stealth health parenting. Don’t judge. With a few recipe modifications it’s gluten free stealth health in the most tasty quichie-ness sort of way. And while I’m pretty confident your non-vegetable eating kiddo will surprise your socks off when they ask for a second serving (true story!), if by some chance they don’t, I’m pretty sure there is a mother in your life who will love this quiche for Mother’s Day. You’re welcome.
So let’s get cookin’!
Say hello to my food processor, AGAIN! Have I mentioned in this baby blog of mine how ridiculously awesome and cooking revolutionizing this kitchen appliance is?! Yup. (See Smooth & Creamy Hummus and Pesto Genovese) And you can count on seeing this beast of a machine in future posts as well.
The food processor is what makes this quiche come together so quickly. Need to grate some zucchini? Put it through the food processor with the awesome grating attachment and before you could even wave a magic wand (which is kinda what my food processor is like to me) it’s done! Need to chop up some onion and bell pepper into stealth health size, put on the chopping blade, and done! Oh wait, forgot to grate some cheese? No problemo! Put the grating attachment back on, and you’ve got grated cheese almost instantaneously. And as an added bonus, it provides entertainment for the kiddos. Adult supervised of course.
Place your magically grated/chopped ingredients in a bowl with some baking powder, gf pancake/baking mix (or regular all-purpose flour), and chopped bacon. Mix it up. Add in the whisked eggs and oil. Then pour it into a large pie dish. Sprinkle a little more cheese on top along with some sunflower seeds (definitely don’t skip the sunflower seeds!) and just like that, it’s ready for the oven!
Then sit back, kick your feet up, enjoy a morning cuppa something tasty ☕️ and 35 minutes later this beautiful quiche will welcome you to the weekend.
If you try this recipe, let me know! I’d love to hear what you think, so leave a comment and rate it below!
Here’s to the weekend my fellow brunchers!Print
Crustless Zucchini Bacon Quiche
A deceptively easy and tasty gluten free crustless zucchini bacon quiche. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and even dinner!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup Pamela’s gf pancake & baking mix (or regular all-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3-4 zucchinis grated (about 4 cups), I used 2 green zucchini and 1 yellow zucchini
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped*
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped*
- 1 1/3 cup Manchego cheese, grated, (you can really use any cheese that you enjoy!)
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese (again you can use any cheese that you like)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tomato, sliced into thin wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine gf pancake & baking mix, baking powder, zucchini, bacon, onion, red bell pepper and 1 cup of the Manchego cheese together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and oil. Then add to large bowl with the ingredients from step 2 and combine.
- Pour mixture into a large pie pan.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese, 1/3 cup remaining Manchego cheese and sunflower seeds over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Place tomato wedges around top of quiche (optional).
- Cut into wedges and serve.
* to help ensure successful stealth health with your non-veggie eating kiddo be sure to chop the onion and red bell pepper into super small pieces ; )
Disclaimer: All brand recommendations are purely my own opinion. I am in no way sponsored by the brands mentioned or compensated by the brand for my recommendations. This post may also contain affiliate links which I may receive a small commission from (without any additional costs to you). The money earned from these commissions helps me to maintain this website. Thank you for your support!