Are you guys ready for some TACOS!?!?
Yes Yes YEESSS! Fresh shrimp sautéed in some butter, olive oil, cumin, and garlic along with some onions that cook until sweet and carmelized. Orange bell pepper decides to get in on the party followed by kale and a big squeeze of lime all wrapped up in a warm soft corn tortilla and topped with some Cholula (my hot sauce first love), more lime, and sour cream (or greek yogurt) on top. Aaah Yeeahh!
I can hear my father in-law
whispering loudly exclaiming “uuuugghhhh, kaaaale….why ruin a perfectly good meal with kale?” Because FIL it’s good. Close your eyes, pretend like I never told you there is kale in these tacos, take a bite, and L-O-V-E them. Kind of like that one time I made an amazing soup for dinner that purposely had kale in it and didn’t tell you and you ate the whole bowl, loved it, was about to get up for seconds when I said “Huh…I didn’t know you liked kale that much?” 😉
Luckily for my father in-law he doesn’t have to put up with my sneaky kale shenanigans anymore because friends, GUEESSS WHAAAT?!
And it’s about time don’t ya think? My mother in-law is shaking her head no. It’ll be okay MIL. You can come visit. Bring FIL too. Just don’t tell him I’m making my “special” Easy 20-Minute Shrimp Tacos. I wouldn’t want him to accidentally fall in love with kale all over again without actually knowing why his taco tastes so good.
Anyways friends, I moved!!! Which is pretty much why I’ve been absent from the blogerooni the last couple of weeks. What originally was just going to be a temporary 6 months (at most) live-in at my in-laws, eventually turned into 14 months. Wowzers.
But noowww…I’m.in.my.OWN.home! And it’s aaawesooome! I feel extremely blessed and I’m so over-the-top very thankful. Thankful for the time my in-laws opened up their home to my husband and I and our two energetic kids but thankful to be in my own home nonetheless. They say home is where the heart is. And well, mine was living in a bunch of boxes calling out for it’s own kitchen. But not because my heart is attached to the kitchen itself (okay maybe it is a little bit) but because of what the kitchen represents for me and my family. A place of gathering, a place of inviting friends and family in for a comfortable and delicious meal, a place where community is created, and a place to just be….and a place to eat some crazy delicious shrimp tacos that only take 20-minutes to pull together which sounds pretty much perfect right about the time when I’m needing to take a food break from all the box unpacking.
Enjoy friends and Happy Belated New Year! ❤Print
Easy 20-Minute Shrimp Tacos
Fresh shrimp, onions, bell peppers, and kale sautéed in butter, olive oil, garlic, and spices. Finished with a big squeeze of lime, a drizzle of hot sauce, cilantro, and a dollop of sour cream all wrapped up in a warm soft corn tortilla.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4 (2 tacos each)
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter, divided
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 lb. small raw shrimp, peeled + deveined, tails removed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp organic no-salt seasoning (or any all-purpose seasoning you like)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- pinch of salt
- a few good shakes of black pepper
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 3 lacinato kale leaves, roughly chopped
- juice of 1 lime, plus extra lime wedges for serving
- 8 small white corn tortillas, warmed
- fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Cholula or any hot sauce you enjoy (optional)
- sour cream or greek yogurt (optional)
- Heat olive oil and 1 Tbs butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes. Add shrimp, garlic, seasoning, cumin, salt and pepper; sauté 3 minutes. Add bell pepper; sauté an additional 3 minutes. Add chopped kale, 1 Tbs butter, and lime juice. Sauté for about a minute more or just until the kale is slightly wilted.
- Stuff the shrimp mixture into warmed tortillas. Top with fresh cilantro, hot sauce, and sour cream. EAT!
Tortillas can be warmed in the microwave for about 20 seconds with a damp paper towel placed over them or you can drizzle a little bit of olive oil or butter in a pan or on a griddle, place tortillas in pan, and cook for about 30 seconds each side.
Did you make this recipe?
If you try this recipe, tell me about it! I’d love to hear from you so leave a comment, give it a rating (if you’ve made it), and tag a picture #passmesometasty on Instagram so I can see!!!
Disclaimer: All brand recommendations are purely my own opinion. I am in no way sponsored by the brands mentioned or compensated by the brand for my recommendations. This post may also contain affiliate links which I may receive a small commission from (without any additional costs to you). The money earned from these commissions helps me to maintain this website. Thank you for your support!