Mini gluten-free apple pear galettes with cinnamon, nutmeg, & brown sugar are topped with a golden pecan streusel for a heavenly dessert.
- 3 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 3 tablespoons Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 59 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, chopped into small pieces
- 222 grams (1 ½ cups) Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 56 grams (¼ cup) sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon Bob's Red Mill Baking Powder
- 113 grams (8 tablespoons) frozen or very cold unsalted butter
- 1 egg, beaten (plus 1 additional beaten egg for egg wash, optional)
- 4–6 tablespoons ice water
- 4 1/2 teaspoons Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1-2 large Honeycrisp apples, peeled, sliced, and cored (about 1 1/4 cups) *see notes below
- 1-2 Bartlett pears, peeled, sliced, and cored (about 1 1/4 cups) *see notes below
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, pecans, and salt.
- Add chopped butter pieces to the oat mixture and using your fingers, pinch and smoosh together the mixture until it begins to form small streusel sized clumps. Refrigerate until chilled, about 15 minutes, while making the galette filling and dough.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- Using a cheese grater or food processor with a grater attachment, grate frozen butter. With a fork, gently mix grated butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse, pea-sized crumbs.
- Add 1 beaten egg to the flour mixture and gently toss with a fork to combine.
- Add a few tablespoons of ice water to the flour mixture and mix well. If the dough seems dry, add more ice water as needed, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Lightly dust a work surface with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour. Turn out the dough mixture and knead just until the dough comes together when pinched with your fingers (the dough should not be sticky). Divide the dough into 4 equally sized portions.
- Roll each portion of dough into an approximately 6-inch diameter disk. Wrap each disc in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and up to overnight.
- As the dough chills, prepare the galette filling. Mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Stir in apples and pears. Cover tightly and let sit in the refrigerator until dough is ready.
Putting it all together!
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place each dough disc on the parchment lined baking sheet. Arrange 1/3 - 1/2 cup of the apple pear filling into the center of each disc, leaving a 1-2 inch border all around. Gently fold and overlap the edges of the dough over the filling.
- Generously top the open center of each galette with pecan streusel and brush the dough of each galette with an egg wash (see notes).
- Bake until the crust and streusel are golden brown and the filling is bubbly, about 35-40 minutes. Allow the galettes to cool on the baking sheet for about 10 minutes, then serve (preferably with ice cream on top).
Save the apple and pear skins! Bake them on a parchment-lined baking sheet in the oven at 225°F for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours to dry them out. Use the dried fruit skins to make these fruit and nut energy balls!
Egg wash: An egg wash is just one beaten egg brushed onto the exposed edges of the galette dough with a pastry brush prior to baking in order to give the dough that beautiful golden color, but it is completely optional.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: French
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size: One mini galette
- Calories: 754
- Sugar: 42.3 g
- Sodium: 253.7 mg
- Fat: 33.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 17.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 106.3 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 8.9 g
- Cholesterol: 164 mg
Keywords: apple pear galette, gluten-free galette, apple recipes, pear recipes, gluten-free dessert, dessert recipes