This simple Baked Frittata with Sausage, Kale, and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto is naturally gluten-free and makes for a quick and easy dish that is perfect for breakfast, brunch, and beyond!
- 9 eggs
- 1/2 cup plain full-fat or Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto, homemade or store-bought
- salt and pepper to preference
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 pound bulk mild Italian sausage (chicken or pork)
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup kale, finely chopped (I used Redbor Kale, frilly kale with reddish-purple veins and stems)
- 1/3 cup fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- sesame seed kernels (optional, but not really)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, yogurt, sun-dried tomato pesto, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in a 10 to 12-inch oven safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, onion, and red bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally until the sausage begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the kale and cook until just wilted. Remove skillet from heat.
- Pour the egg mixture over top and lightly stir to evenly spread out the ingredients. Sprinkle crumbled goat cheese and sesame seeds on top.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until the eggs have set and the top is golden. It will continue to cook as it sits, so don't overbake it!
- Cut into 6 slices and serve!
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: breakfast, brunch, eggs, gluten-free, lunch, dinner