These bacon wrapped dates with Manchego are a salty-sweet appetizer with a spicy kick! Perfect for a party or any type of gathering!
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Using a small knife, make a small cut in one side of each date and remove the pit.
- Insert 1 piece of cheese into each date.
- Brush bacon slices with 1/2 tsp chili powder (or less if you like less spice) on 1 side of the bacon. Wrap each date with 1 piece of bacon, with chili powder side against the date.
- Secure bacon onto the date by inserting a toothpick through it.
- Place dates on rimmed baking sheet. Roast until bacon is browned on bottom, about 6-7 minutes. Turn dates and roast until bacon is cooked, about 7-9 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a plate with a paper towel to soak up some of the oils and to allow them to cool slightly.
- Transfer to your serving dish and enjoy!
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use or recommend.
Medjool dates and Manchego cheese can be found at most grocery stores. The most economic place I have found both of them at is Costco.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: bacon wrapped dates, appetizer, party food, gluten free