A deceptively easy and tasty gluten-free crustless zucchini bacon quiche. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and even dinner!
- 1 cup Pamela’s Baking and Pancake Mix (or regular all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3–4 zucchinis grated (about 4 cups), I used 2 green zucchini and 1 yellow zucchini
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped*
- 1/2 medium sized red bell pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped*
- 1 1/3 cup Manchego cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 tomato, sliced into thin wedges (optional)
- Italian parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Combine gluten-free pancake & baking mix, baking powder, zucchini, bacon, onion, red bell pepper and 1 cup of the Manchego cheese together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and oil. Then combine with the ingredients from step 2.
- Pour mixture into a large deep-dish pie pan.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese, 1/3 cup remaining Manchego cheese, and sunflower seeds over the top of the quiche.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Italian parsley and place tomato wedges around the top of quiche (optional).
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- To help ensure successful stealth health with your non-veggie eating kiddo be sure to chop the onion and red bell pepper into super small pieces. The food processor is great for this. ; )
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: quiche, breakfast, brunch, eggs, gluten-free quiche, gluten-free breakfast, gluten-free brunch, crustless quiche