A deceptively easy and tasty gluten free crustless zucchini bacon quiche. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and even dinner!
- 1 cup Pamela’s gf pancake & baking mix (or regular all-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3–4 zucchinis grated (about 4 cups), I used 2 green zucchini and 1 yellow zucchini
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped*
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped*
- 1 1/3 cup Manchego cheese, grated, (you can really use any cheese that you enjoy!)
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese (again you can use any cheese that you like)
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tomato, sliced into thin wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine gf pancake & baking mix, baking powder, zucchini, bacon, onion, red bell pepper and 1 cup of the Manchego cheese together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and oil. Then add to large bowl with the ingredients from step 2 and combine.
- Pour mixture into a large pie pan.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese, 1/3 cup remaining Manchego cheese and sunflower seeds over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Place tomato wedges around top of quiche (optional).
- Cut into wedges and serve.
*to help ensure successful stealth health with your non-veggie eating kiddo be sure to chop the onion and red bell pepper into super small pieces ; )