Full of blueberries and packed with bananas, these easy Gluten-Free Banana Blueberry Muffins are delicious for breakfast or snack time! Use those overripe bananas sitting on the counter to make these tasty muffins!
- 4 (362g) ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/2 cups (110g) granulated cane sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (114g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups (296g) Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-To-1 Flour (do not substitute for another gluten-free flour blend)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup (175g) fresh or frozen blueberries
- turbinado sugar for sprinkling on top of muffins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare a muffin tin with non-stick spray or 12 parchment paper muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas and mix together with eggs and sugar.
- Add melted coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla, and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Slowly add to the wet mixture until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries with a spatula.
- Pour the batter into prepared muffin tin (see notes) and sprinkle tops with turbinado sugar if desired.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes, until lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool for a few minutes in the pan before carefully transferring to a wire rack to cool until ready to serve.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use or recommend.
Use a food scale to accurately measure the ingredients with provided weight measurements. A food scale is a minimal investment for a guarantee that your gluten-free muffins will turn out delicious each and every time.
If you're concerned about the blueberries sinking to the bottom of the muffins or juice from the blueberries bleeding into the muffins please see my suggested solutions in the 'Recipe frequently asked questions' within the post.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: muffins, gluten-free baking, blueberry banana muffins