Gluten free gnocchi saddles up with sautéed Italian chicken sausage, onions, peppers, and garlic marinara for a slightly spicy & satisfying 20-minute meal!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound ground mild Italian chicken sausage (or if you like it extra spicy use hot Italian chicken sausage instead)
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 each of a red, green, and yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 (12 oz.) packages gluten free potato gnocchi (or regular gnocchi)
- 24 oz. prepared garlic marinara
- fresh basil, chopped (for topping)
- fresh parmesan, finely grated (for topping)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and onion. Sauté until the sausage is slightly browned and onions are softened, about 7-9 minutes. Add the peppers and sauté an extra 3-4 minutes, just until the peppers are slightly tender. Add the garlic marinara and let it all simmer until sauced is warmed through and your gnocchi is cooked.
- In the meantime, cook the gnocchi in boiling water just until they begin to float to the top of the water (about 4 minutes). Drain. Add gnocchi to the sausage, peppers, and sauce mixture; stir to combine.
- Remove from the heat. Plate it up and serve garnished with fresh chopped basil, freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Eat! Then go back for seconds.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Skillet
- Cuisine: Italian