Keep cool with these summery and refreshing popsicles featuring pink grapefruit, sweet peaches, and yogurt combined with a thyme infused maple syrup.
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 large pink grapefruit
- 1 peach, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup whole milk plain yogurt or greek yogurt
- In a small saucepan combine maple syrup and sprigs of fresh thyme. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the thyme to steep in the syrup for about 10 minutes. Strain the thyme and set the syrup aside until slightly cooled.
- Cut both grapefruit in half horizontally and squeeze all of the juice and pulp into a large mixing bowl. Remove any membranes, pith, or seeds that may get in the mix.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, process the grapefruit juice and pulp with the peach slices until it reaches a consistency that you like. I left mine slightly chunky because I like having small bits of frozen grapefruit and peach in the popsicle rather than completely pureed.
- In a bowl combine the maple syrup and processed fruit. Then add the yogurt and gently mix to desired consistency. If you want a marbly look to your popsicles-- do not fully blend the yogurt and fruit. Give the mixture a little taste. If you would like it sweeter, you can add a little more maple syrup.
- Pour mixture evenly into each popsicle mold. If your popsicle mold has slots for sticks, insert the sticks and freeze for 6 hours. If your popsicle mold doesn't have slots for sticks, freeze for 2 hours before inserting the wooden popsicle stick. Then continue to freeze for an additional 4 hours.
- Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove. Eat and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Simmer, Freeze
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: popsicles, grapefruit, ice pops, gluten free, snack, dessert