A quick and easy side dish that comes together in no more than 15 minutes! Lightly charred corn is turned into a tangy, creamy, and slightly spicy salad perfect for cookouts, backyard BBQs, or an easy weeknight dinner. Try it with grilled chicken, steak, or your favorite seafood.
- olive oil
- 6 cups corn*
- 4 tablespoons greek yogurt or mayonnaise
- 2 limes, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeds and stem removed, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup red onion, diced (or thinly sliced)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces feta, crumbled
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and give it a generous drizzle of olive oil. Add the corn and cook, undisturbed, for about 2 minutes, until the corn begins to lightly char and turn golden brown underneath. Continue to cook corn, tossing occasionally until corn is lightly charred all over, about 3-5 minutes longer. If using frozen corn, it may need to cook a few minutes longer. If using corn on the cob, brush the corn with oil and cook on either a grill or in a large skillet, turning occasionally until slightly charred on all sides.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, finely grate the zest of 2 limes and squeeze in the juice (should be about 4 tablespoons). Whisk in the yogurt (or mayo), chili powder, cumin, and garlic.
- To the large bowl with the yogurt mixture add the charred corn, jalapeño, red onion, cilantro, and feta. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top corn salad with additional feta and cilantro just before serving to give it that extra visual pop of yummm…
- There you have it! So tasty! And so easy! Serve it warm, chilled, or at room temperature.
Frozen corn, canned corn (drained), or corn on the cob all work great for this recipe.
Some additional add-ins that would also be tasty in this salad are diced avocado, black beans, or diced red bell pepper!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Sauté
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: mexican street corn, mexican street corn salad, esquites, side dish, summer, bbq, cookout, potluck