These colorful oven-roasted root veggies are an easy, healthy, and tasty side dish that is perfect for the holidays or any weeknight meal!
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound multicolored carrots, peeled, halved, and sliced roughly 1/2-inch thick
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled, halved, and sliced roughly 1/2-inch thick
- 1 pound golden beets, peeled, halved, and sliced roughly 1/2-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine honey, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake the honey glaze well until combined.
- Place the vegetables on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle with the honey glaze.
- Toss the vegetables until they are covered evenly with the glaze.
- Spread the vegetables out evenly on the baking sheet and top with fresh thyme and rosemary.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven to roast for 40 minutes. Remove the foil during the last 10 minutes to allow the vegetables to caramelize a bit.
- Drizzle the roasted vegetables with apple cider vinegar, give them another toss to combine, and serve!
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use or recommend.
Want to save on prep time? Omit peeling the veggies and just give them a good scrubbing to remove any excess dirt. I only recommend this though if you are using pesticide-free veggies and if the veggies don't have a waxy film on the outside.
More root vegetable options: I used orange and purple carrots in this recipe but use any color you like! Daikon, garlic, onions, red beets, radishes, rutabaga, sweet potatoes, turnips, and yuca are more great vegetable options that you could also include in this recipe.
Reheating: These roasted root veggies are tasty hot out of the oven, at room temperature, or in my personal opinion, even cold. However, if you prepare and roast these vegetables earlier in the day and are interested in reheating them spread them out on a baking sheet and pop them back into a preheated oven at 450°F for 5-10 minutes. Or instead, add a swish of olive oil to a castiron skillet and sauté for 3-5 minutes. Reheating them in a microwave will make them a little mushy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: roasted root vegetables, side dish recipe, gluten free recipe, vegetarian recipe