This smooth and creamy hummus takes just 5 minutes to make! Serve with pita, crackers, or veggies for a tasty appetizer. Also delicious served on a sandwich, in a wrap, or with falafel. It's a quick dip that everyone will love!
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 medium-sized garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch of paprika
- cilantro, parsley, a dash of paprika or sumac, or additional chickpeas to garnish (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processor.
- Blend or puree until very smooth. While the hummus is processing, you can add in a little bit more olive oil (also see notes below) to help achieve a super creamy texture.
- Serve with pita, crackers, chips, veggies, or sandwiches. Enjoy!
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use or recommend.
This hummus is very adaptable to your taste preferences. Like it really garlicky? Add a second clove of garlic! Enjoy the slightly tart intensity of sun-dried tomatoes? Add them in! Make it green by adding fresh herbs such as cilantro, basil, parsley, or even a dollop of pesto.
If you prefer a less thick hummus, you can thin it out by slowly adding either hot water or reserved chickpea liquid from the can a little bit at a time while the food processor is running.
- Category: Dip, Snack, Appetizer
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Greek
Keywords: hummus recipe, appetizer recipes, snack recipes, gluten-free recipes, dip recipes