A cross between a muffin and a scone so we’ll call them scuffins! A tasty version of your favorite morning baked good loaded with superfoods like flax, cacao nibs, and wild blueberries. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, snack time, or even a baby shower, bridal breakfast, or Mother’s Day brunch.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup Barleans Organic Culinary Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup Barleans Superfruit Blend
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs, plus more for sprinkling on top
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries, plus more for the top of the scuffins
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together eggs, melted coconut oil, greek yogurt, agave, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine superfruit blend, cinnamon, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, and cacao nibs.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined.
- Add frozen wild blueberries and gently fold in with a spatula.
- Using a scoop (or your hands ?) place round-ish mounds of batter on a parchment lined baking sheet. (I always end up with 10 scuffin mounds.)
- Add more blueberries and cacao nibs to the tops of the scuffins.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes, or until set. You should be able to gently touch the center of the scuffin without the scuffin sinking in.
- Allow the scuffins to cool on the pan for a couple of minutes. Then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.