A quick & easy one-skillet meal with sautéed brussels sprouts as the star! Sausage, apples, pecans, and sweet potatoes are combined with the sprouts for a 30-minute dinner recipe perfect for a fall-time meal or any holiday gathering.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lb. ground mild chicken Italian sausage
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 dozen brussels sprouts, stems removed & halved
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- finely grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Add sausage, breaking it into smaller pieces while cooking, and cook until browned. Remove sausage from pan and set aside.
- In same pan used to cook the sausage, add 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add shallot and balsamic vinegar. Cook until shallots are just beginning to brown and are slightly caramelized.
- Add brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper. Cook about 10-12 minutes until brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes begin to brown on edges and become tender.
- Once the brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes are mostly cooked, return sausage to pan and add diced apple, chopped pecans, and remaining 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, just until sausage is heated through and apples are slightly softened.
- Serve and top with finely grated parmesan cheese.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use or recommend.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Pan Roast
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: brussels sprouts, pan roasted brussels sprouts, brussels sprouts with sausage, holiday side dish, gluten-free side dish