A perfect summer salad featuring raw brussels sprouts, red cabbage, salty pancetta, cotija cheese, and nutty pepitas tossed with a zesty chili-lime vinaigrette!
- 1 dozen brussels sprouts, stems removed and thinly sliced in food processor
- 2 cups purple cabbage, thinly sliced in food processor
- 1 ear fresh corn, grilled + kernels removed from the cob or 1 cup canned corn (*see notes below)
- 2 oz. pancetta, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, chopped into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- Toss brussels sprouts, purple cabbage, grilled corn, pancetta, and cotija cheese together in a large bowl.
- Combine lime juice, honey, olive oil, avocado oil, crushed red chilies, cumin, garlic, cilantro, and salt in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake the dressing well.
- Drizzle salad with chile-lime vinaigrette to taste.
- Top salad with pepitas.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use or recommend.
For grilled corn: Heat grill to medium. Remove husks and silk from the ears of corn and place in a large bowl of cold water with 1 tablespoon of salt for about 10 minutes. Remove corn from water and shake off excess. Place the corn on the grill, close the cover and grill for 15 to 20 minutes, turning half-way through or until kernels are tender.
For "grilled" stovetop corn: Another method for tasty "grilled" corn is to cut the corn off the cob and place in a skillet over medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil and sauté until the kernels begin to brown slightly. You could also use about 1 cup of canned corn and "grill" it using the skillet method as well.
Nutritional information is for the salad only and does not include the chili-lime vinaigrette since the amount you use is up to your own personal taste.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salad, gluten free, brussels sprouts, pancetta, salad dressing, side dish