Date Night Gnocchi – a simple 30-minute dish featuring chicken, butternut squash, and kale combined in a creamy alfredo sauce and topped with grated parmesan cheese.
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 4 Tbs butter, divided
- 2–3 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon all purpose seasoning mix for the chicken
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 2 (12 oz.) packages gluten free potato gnocchi (I use DeLallo brand)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat the olive oil and 1 Tbs butter in a large nonstick pan over medium high heat. Add the chicken and sprinkle with the seasoning. Sauté until the chicken is slightly browned and cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Add the gnocchi and cook until they float to the top of the water (about 4 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- While the gnocchi is cooking, add the butternut squash, garlic, and 1 Tbs butter to the pan you used for the chicken. Sauté for about 8 minutes, just until the squash is fork tender, but not mushy. Add the kale and sauté an additional 2-3 minutes.
- To finish, add the cream, remaining 2 Tbs butter, and parmesan cheese to the pan with your veggies and stir until the sauce begins to thicken. Once sauce begins to thicken add the cooked gnocchi and reserved chicken to the pan and toss together for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Serve with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Nutritional information is based on using 3 chicken breasts.