A quick and healthy snack choice that is loaded with dried fruit and nuts. Perfect for those in-between meal snack cravings!
- 3/4 cup sun-dried calimyrna figs, stems removed
- 3/4 cup dried apricots
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup dried blueberries
- 3/4 cups dried apple & pear peels (saved from the galette recipe), or you can use dried apples and pears chopped into small pieces
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup honey, or agave or maple syrup for a vegan option
- 3/4 cup whole roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats, or oat of your choice
- 1/3 cup unsweetened fine shredded coconut
- Combine the figs, apricots, raisins, blueberries, cranberries, apple and pear peels, and honey in a food processor. Pulse a few times just to break it all up and then process continuously until it’s all broken down. You may need to scrape the edges of the bowl a few times to get it to fully process until the ingredients clump together and form into a ball.
- Remove dried fruit ball from the food processor and place in a large mixing bowl. Add the hazelnuts, almonds, and oats to the fruit by squishing it in to the mound with a metal spoon or just by getting your hands messy and mixing it together by hand.
- Shape the mixture into small balls by taking a little bit of the mixture at a time and rolling it into shape in the palms of your hands. Then roll in shredded coconut.
- Enjoy an energy bite snack!
Storage: These energy bites can be stored in the fridge for several weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months. I prefer to store and eat them at room-temp which is fine as well! Shopping note: If you have a Costco near you, they carry many of dried fruit ingredients needed for these energy bites, including the calimyrna figs, apricots, raisins, etc. Nutritional information does not include the shredded coconut since this will vary by how much you roll each energy bite in it or if you choose to exclude it altogether.
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American