A heavenly Oregon Marionberry blackberry pie infused with bourbon and topped with an almond and oat brown sugar streusel in a flaky, golden gluten-free crust. The perfect pie for any gathering throughout the year.
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) frozen or very cold, unsalted butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4–6 tablespoons ice water
- heavy cream (for brushing the edges of the pie crust before it goes in to the oven)
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted almonds (or roasted unsalted hazelnuts or macadamia nuts), coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup gluten-free old fashioned rolls oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, chopped into small pieces
Blackberry Bourbon Pie Filling
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- Using a cheese grater or food processor with a grater attachment, grate frozen butter. With a fork, gently mix grated butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles coarse, pea-sized crumbs.
- Add beaten egg to the mixture and toss to combine.
- Add a few tablespoons of ice water and mix well. If the dough seems dry, add more ice water as needed, 1 tablespoon at a time. Knead the dough until it just comes together when pinched with your fingers (the dough should not be sticky).
- Dust your work surface lightly with Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Flour and roll out the dough into a ¾-inch thick disc. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- In a medium bowl, combine almonds, oats, brown sugar, flour, and salt. Add in chopped butter pieces.
- Using your hands, smoosh the mixture to form small streusel sized clumps.
Blackberry Bourbon Pie Filling & Assembly
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blackberry Pie Filling: In a large bowl, add blackberries, brown sugar, vanilla, bourbon, fresh lemon juice, and cornstarch. Gently toss to combine and set aside.
- Roll Out the Crust: Unwrap the pie crust disc and place it on a large piece of lightly floured wax paper. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough into a 13-inch round.
- Assemble the Pie: Transfer pie crust to a 9-inch deep dish pie pan by laying the pie dish face down on top of the dough and invert by using the support of the wax paper. Gently press dough onto bottom and up sides of dish. Remove the wax paper. Fold overhanging dough under itself and crimp edges decoratively. Add blackberry filling into crust, then sprinkle crumble topping over. Brush edges of pie crust with heavy cream.
- Bake: Bake pie until blackberry filling is bubbling and topping is golden, about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. Cover with foil after 30 minutes if browning too fast.
- The Hardest Part: Allow the pie to cool on a wire rack for at least 2-3 hours before serving to allow the filling to set.
- The Easiest Part: Serve and enjoy blackberry pie heaven (à la mode!)
Per official Pass Me Some Tasty rules, nutrition facts for dessert are withheld. Enjoy your pie. ?
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dessert, pie, blackberry pie, gluten-free pie, gluten-free dessert, bourbon