This insanely tasty gluten-free blueberry crisp is topped with a delicious oat pecan crisp topping and filled with sweet, juicy blueberries. It’s incredibly quick and easy to make and can be prepped in advance. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and everyone will be begging for seconds!
For the crisp topping:
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten-free old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- pinch of Kosher salt
For the blueberry filling:
- 8 cups fresh (or frozen) blueberries
- pinch of Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Your favorite vanilla ice cream!
- Crisp topping: Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a hand mixer or large stand mixer, mix together butter, brown sugar, and vanilla until incorporated. Add oats, pecans, almond flour, cinnamon, and salt to the bowl and mix together with a spatula. Once the mixture begins sticking together use your hands to continue mixing until small clumps are formed.
- Blueberry filling: Add blueberries to a 9×13″ baking dish. In a small bowl, combine salt, corn starch, and brown sugar. Sprinkle the corn starch mixture over the top of the blueberries.
- Assemble and bake: Add the crisp topping in a layer over the blueberries. Place the blueberry crisp in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the blueberries are bubbling in the center of the baking dish and the topping is beautifully crisp and golden. If you feel like your topping is browning too quickly, lay a piece of aluminum foil on top until the crisp has finished baking. If using frozen blueberries, you may need to increase your bake time by 10-15 minutes.
- Serve: Top each serving of blueberry crisp with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use or recommend.
Feel free to adjust how much sugar and cornstarch you add to the blueberry filling. If you have sweet blueberries you may want to completely omit the sugar. If your berries seem tart, you may want to include the suggested amount of sugar or some amount thereof. If you like a juicier crisp, consider omitting the cornstarch. If you think you would enjoy a thicker, jammier crisp then include the cornstarch. It will be delicious however you decide.
This blueberry crisp can be kept at room temperature for up to 3 days. Cover with foil or plastic wrap.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: blueberries, gluten free, blueberry crisp, dessert