A healthy and super easy homemade blackberry jam that comes together in minutes! Use it on the classic pb & j, a super tasty topping on pancakes, waffles, french toast, and ice cream, or add into smoothies, yogurt, or oatmeal. The options are limitless!
- To the Instant Pot, add frozen berries, maple syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla extract. Stir briefly to coat the berries.
- Close and lock the lid on the Instant Pot (see Note #2). Position the steam release handle to Sealing. Press the Pressure Cook function (or your IP might say Manual instead) and use the [+] or [-] button to set pressure cooking time to 1 minute. Press the Pressure Level function to set the cooking pressure to High.
- Once finished cooking, allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes. Then turn the steam release handle to the Venting position to release any additional steam until the float valve drops down. Press Cancel, turn the Instant Pot off and remove lid.
- With a fork or a potato masher, mash the berries until you’ve reach a desired consistency. (I like my jam a little more on the chunky side.)
- Add chia seeds and stir quickly to incorporate and to prevent the chia seeds from clumping. You’ll notice within minutes that the jam will begin to develop a thicker consistency as the chia seeds do their magic and turn the berry mixture into jam! Allow the jam to rest for 15 minutes or so.
- Transfer jam to a mason jar or desired storage container and place in the refrigerator. I allow my jam to rest in the fridge for about an hour before I dig in because this allows the chia seeds to break down and become soft (versus crunchy) while also creating an even thicker, tasty jam-like consistency.
- Enjoy on just about everything!
- I love that this jam is minimally sweetened and that the natural sweetness of the Marionberries are allowed to shine. However, if you prefer your jam to be more sweet, you can definitely add more maple syrup!
- Some of you might be wondering where the water is at. Don’t worry! No water is needed for this recipe. While the Instant Pot heats up, the berries will begin to thaw and produce enough of their own liquid to create the steam needed to create pressure.
- Category: Jam
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American