A no-churn, light, summery, red-wine infused ice cream with hints of strawberry and salted dark chocolate. Takes only 10 minutes to prep and 4 hours to freeze before you can indulge in this adult-only ice cream.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup red wine (I used Tempranillo)
- 1.4 oz salted dark chocolate, coarsely grated (I used 5 squares of Alter Eco brand “Deep Dark Sea Salt”)
- 3/4 cup strawberries, stems removed and diced into small pieces
- gf ice cream cones (optional)
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or use a hand held electric mixer). Turn mixer on high and whip until stiff peaks form. Once stiff peaks have formed and with the mixer still running, slowly pour in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Turn mixer off, remove bowl, and gently stir in wine, strawberries and salted dark chocolate.
- Spoon the ice cream into a freezer safe container and freeze 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve in an ice cream cone!
Sorry, no nutritional information provided for this dessert. Pass Me Some Tasty house rules.