A no-churn, light, summery, red-wine infused ice cream with hints of strawberry and salted dark chocolate. Takes only 10 minutes to prep and 4 hours to freeze before you can indulge in this adult-only ice cream.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup red wine (I used Tempranillo)
- 1.4 oz salted dark chocolate, coarsely grated (I used 5 squares of Alter Eco brand "Deep Dark Sea Salt")
- 3/4 cup strawberries, stems removed and diced into small pieces
- gluten-free ice cream cones (optional)
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment (or use a handheld electric mixer). Turn mixer on high and whip until stiff peaks form. Once stiff peaks have formed and with the mixer still running, slowly pour in the sweetened condensed milk.
- Turn the mixer off, remove the bowl, and gently stir in wine, strawberries, and salted dark chocolate.
- Transfer to a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
- Let ice cream sit at room temperature for 5–7 minutes, then scoop and serve in an ice cream cone!
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use or recommend.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ice cream, wine, strawberries, dessert, gluten free