A super simple vegetarian side dish perfect with any meal! Delicata squash is roasted with dill, parmesan, and garlic, then spritzed with fresh lemon juice. Easy, tasty, and naturally gluten-free.
- 2 delicata squash (medium in size), washed & dried, halved lengthwise, seeds removed
- roughly 2 tablespoons olive oil (just enough to coat the squash)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper to preference
- roughly 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- Parmigiano Reggiano to preference
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the prepared squash into half circles, about 1/4 inch thick.
- On the baking sheet, toss the squash with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the coated squash slices in a single layer on the baking sheet and sprinkle with fresh dill.
- With a microplane grater, grate Parmigiano Reggiano over top of the squash until you feel like you have honored and respected the squash with a good sprinkling of cheese. : )
- Place in the oven for about 25 minutes until the squash slices have softened and the edges have become beautifully golden.
- Squeeze some fresh lemon over top to give the squash a quick zip of acidic brightness (don't skip this step). Sprinkle another round of Parmigiano and fresh dill on top if you prefer (<-- which you do).
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: side dish, gluten free recipe, squash, delicata squash, roasted squash