Layers of warm brownie, ice cream, and salted caramel topped with homemade whipped cream and strawberries are what these dessert parfait dreams are made of.
- 1 package of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Brownie Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted (you could also used 1/2 cup melted butter)
A carton of your favorite ice cream (I love Alden’s Vanilla Bean ice cream for this dessert)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease an 9″ x 9″ pan. I used coconut oil to grease my pan.
- Pour brownie mix into mixing bowl. Add eggs, coconut oil, and mix well. Pour batter into pan, spreading evenly with a spatula.
- Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cooking time will vary if using a different sized pan. Increase time if using a smaller pan.
- While the brownies are baking, place a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and combine the sugar with 1/4 cup cold water. Stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sugar has turned a deep amber hue. This takes about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm the cream, butter, and salt in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- When the sugar has turned to a golden amber hue slowly whisk in the warm cream mixture and continue simmering until it is smooth, another 2 to 3 minutes. Allow it to cool slightly but still warm enough so that it is pourable.
- Place mixing bowl and beaters to an electric mixer in the freezer for at least 20 minutes to chill.
- Pour heavy whipping cream, sugar and vanilla into the cold bowl and whisk on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form, about 1 minute.
- Do not over beat. (Or you might end up with butter!)
- There really is no wrong way to assembly these parfaits so layer however you would like! I used an 8oz. glass and layered my parfaits beginning with a scoop of brownie, followed by a scoop of ice cream, a couple tablespoons of salted caramel, followed by another scoop of ice cream, another scoop of brownie, a dollop of whipped cream, a pretty little drizzle of salted caramel, and a strawberry on top. Enjoy!!!
If you find yourself with leftover salted caramel it can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about 2 weeks. Whipped cream can also be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for about a day.
If you are looking for the nutritional information that normally appears here, it disappeared. I don’t know what happened to it so we should probably just forget about it.