Sun-dried tomato pesto – a simple and tasty deviation from the more familiar basil pesto. Perfect for pasta, pizza, bruschetta, and a number of other dishes. The options are limitless!
- 1 (8.5 oz) jar sun-dried tomato halves packed in olive oil with herbs*, (we’re using the jar’s entire contents so don’t drain off that oil! – see notes below)
- 2 medium-sized cloves garlic
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (the good stuff!), grated
- 1/4 cup unsalted macadamia nuts
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- pinch of salt (or to your preference)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until desired consistency is reached.
- That’s it! (well, wasn’t that easy?!)
The sun-dried tomatoes I have provided a link for is for a 32 oz. jar rather than the 8.5 oz jar I list in the ingredients. I wanted to be able to provide you with a link to the product I used so you could see it if you are unsure of what to buy. The 32 oz. size jar was the only size available on Amazon at the time of writing this post. Quadruple batch anyone?!
If your pesto is not at the consistency you are needing it to be for your particular use, even after including the oil from the jar of sun-dried tomatoes, just add a little more extra virgin olive oil until you get it just how you like it.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Food Processor
- Cuisine: Italian