This Avocado Black Bean Salsa comes together quickly and is perfect for a party, potluck, bbq or any time you need something to justify eating more tortilla chips! Also tasty served with grilled chicken, shrimp, salmon, or pork chops!
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sized red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch (about 3/4 cup) cilantro, chopped
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- 1–2 large Hass avocados, diced
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients with the exception of the avocado. Ince combined, gently fold in diced avocado. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Grab a bag of tortilla chips and dig in. Chomp chomp.
This recipe is so adaptable! Feel free to sub ingredients and spices in and out according to your tastes!
Need to prep this salsa in advance? Combine all of the ingredients with the exception of the avocado; cover and refrigerate until time to serve. When it’s time to serve, just add the avocado and you’re ready to chomp!
This salsa would also be awesome served with grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, salmon, or pork chops.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Combine
- Cuisine: Mexican