This Avocado Black Bean Salsa comes together quickly and is perfect for a party, potluck, bbq, or any time you need something to justify eating more tortilla chips! Also tasty served with grilled chicken, shrimp, salmon, or pork chops! Only 10 minutes to prep!
Hey HEYYY!!! Where are my chips and salsa people?!?!
Every day is a good day for salsa AM.I.RIGHT?!?! Yeeessss 100%. Period. End of story. Goodbye.
JUST KIDDING. I'm still here. With chips and salsa in hand. Chomp chomp.
If we didn't already have a reason to justify eating more tortilla chips, this Avocado Black Bean Salsa IS our reason.
Because let's be honest, salsa is basically a very slick way of eating more veggies and getting more healthy fats, protein, and fiber into our lives...all while chowing down on some chips, which are made of corn which basically = veggie. See how I justified the chips. 😉
🛒 Ingredients & suggestions
- Black beans: Canned beans is how I roll with this simple salsa, but if you have some dried beans that you'd like to cook you do you Boo.
- Red bell pepper: If you fancy a yellow or orange bell pepper instead that's okay too!
- Cumin: A must-have spice for salsa IMO.
- Red wine vinegar: Might seem like an odd ingredient for salsa, but trust me on this one. It adds just the right amount of pizzazz.
- Jalapeño pepper: Provides a little splash of heat, but if you're not into that just leave it out.
For a full list of ingredients and quantities see the recipe card at the end of this post.
🔪 Super simple recipe instructions
There is nothing fancy or time consuming here, unless you decide to be one of those people who soak and cook their own black beans. If you are one of those people, I salute you. I'll just be over here unashamedly grabbing a can of black beans from my pantry because 1) this mama would like some salsa ASAP and 2) I don't have the time (or the patience) to wait for a pot o' beans to soak and cook.
This is what you'll do in just one step.
Step 1: Toss some canned (and rinsed) black beans into a bowl with chunks of avocado and some other very necessary must-have salsa ingredients: fresh lime juice, sliced green onions, chopped jalapeño, fresh cilantro, red bell pepper, cumin, garlic, and a splash of red wine vinegar for some extra flair. A little flair goes a long way. We should make that into a bumper sticker.
And that's it! It almost feels tooooo simple. Unless you're the person who is still waiting on your beans to soak. I'm not judging. Promise.
👩🍳 This salsa is perfect for:
- Cinco De Mayo!
- BBQs and potlucks
- Taco Tuesday side dish
- Snack cravings during family movie night
- The person who grabs a bag of tortilla chips as soon as they return home from work whether or not dinner is 5 minutes or 50 minutes from completion. You know who you are.
Turn on some Latin dance music, plug in your disco ball, and salsa while you eat this avocado black bean salsa. Just feel the rhythm of this beat. Chip...salsa...eat...chip...salsa...eat...♡
✨ More tasty recipes to dip your chips in!
💕 Follow along!
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more tasty recipe inspiration!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? If so, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment and a star rating below! I greatly appreciate your feedback and it is also so helpful for other PMST readers who are thinking about making the recipe. Remember to snap a photo and tag @passmesometasty on Instagram so I can see!Print
Avocado Black Bean Salsa
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: Makes about 6 cups 1x
This Avocado Black Bean Salsa comes together quickly and is perfect for a party, potluck, bbq or any time you need something to justify eating more tortilla chips! Also tasty served with grilled chicken, shrimp, salmon, or pork chops!
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch (about ¾ cup) cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- 1-2 large Hass avocados, diced
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients with the exception of the avocado. Once combined, gently fold in diced avocado. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Grab a bag of tortilla chips and dig in. Chomp chomp.
This recipe is so adaptable! Feel free to sub ingredients and spices in and out according to your tastes!
Need to prep this salsa in advance? Combine all of the ingredients with the exception of the avocado; cover and refrigerate until time to serve. When it's time to serve, just add the avocado and you're ready to chomp!
This salsa would also be awesome served with grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, salmon, or pork chops.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Combine
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: salsa recipe, avocados, beans, gluten-free recipe, appetizer, side dish
Disclaimer: All brand recommendations are purely my own opinion. I am in no way sponsored or compensated by the brands mentioned in this post for my recommendations. This post may also contain affiliate links from which I may receive a small commission (without any additional costs to you). The money earned from these commissions helps me to maintain this website. Thank you for your support!
Leave a Comment & Rating!