Hey HEYYY!!! Where are my chips and salsa people?!?!
Every day is a good day for salsa AM.I.RIGHT?!?! Yeeessss 100%. Period. End of story. Goodbye.
I’m still here. With chips and salsa in hand. Chomp chomp.
If we didn’t already have a reason to justify eating more tortilla chips, this Avocado Black Bean Salsa IS our reason.
Because let’s be honest, salsa is basically a very slick way of eating more veggies and getting more healthy fats, protein, and fiber into our lives…all while chowing down on some chips, which are made of corn which basically = veggie. See how I justified the chips. 😉
There is nothing fancy or time consuming here, unless you decide to be one of those people who soak and cook their own black beans. If you are one of those people, I salute you. I’ll just be over here unashamedly grabbing a can of black beans from my pantry because 1) this mama would like some salsa ASAP and 2) I don’t have the time (or the patience) to wait for a pot o’ beans to soak and cook.
This is what you’ll do. Toss those canned (and rinsed) beans with tasty chunks of avocado along with some other very necessary must-have salsa ingredients: fresh lime juice, sliced green onions, chopped jalapeño, fresh cilantro, red bell pepper, cumin, garlic, and a splash of red wine vinegar for some extra flair. A little flair goes a long way. We should make that into a bumper sticker.
And that’s it! It almost feels tooooo simple. Unless you’re the person who is still waiting on your beans to soak. I’m not judging. Promise.
This avocado black bean salsa is perfect for:
- Cinco De Mayo!
- BBQs and potlucks
- Taco Tuesday side dish
- Snack cravings during family movie night
- The person who grabs a bag of tortilla chips as soon as they return home from work whether or not dinner is 5 minutes or 50 minutes from completion. You know who you are.
Turn on some Latin dance music, plug in your disco ball, and salsa while you eat this avocado black bean salsa. And just feel the rhythm of this beat. Chip…salsa…eat…chip…salsa…eat…
More tasty recipes to dip your chips into!
- Smoked Salmon Dip with Dill & Capers a popular crowd pleaser!
- 5-Minute Green Garlic Dip every garlic lover’s dream dip
- Smooth & Creamy Hummus serve with veggies, crackers, falafel, or on a sandwich
Did You Make This Recipe?!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave me a comment below and tell me about it! And don’t forget to snap a photo and tag @passmesometasty on Instagram so I can see!
This Avocado Black Bean Salsa comes together quickly and is perfect for a party, potluck, bbq or any time you need something to justify eating more tortilla chips! Also tasty served with grilled chicken, shrimp, salmon, or pork chops!
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch (about ¾ cup) cilantro, chopped
- 1–2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- 1–2 large Hass avocados, diced
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine all of the ingredients with the exception of the avocado. Once combined, gently fold in diced avocado. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Grab a bag of tortilla chips and dig in. Chomp chomp.
This recipe is so adaptable! Feel free to sub ingredients and spices in and out according to your tastes!
Need to prep this salsa in advance? Combine all of the ingredients with the exception of the avocado; cover and refrigerate until time to serve. When it’s time to serve, just add the avocado and you’re ready to chomp!
This salsa would also be awesome served with grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, salmon, or pork chops.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Combine
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: salsa recipe, avocados, beans, gluten-free recipe, appetizer, side dish
Disclaimer: All brand recommendations are purely my own opinion and are brands/products that I personally use and enjoy. This post may also contain affiliate links which I may receive a small commission from (without any additional costs to you). Thank you for supporting Pass Me Some Tasty!