A fresh and flavorful Three Bean Salad perfect for outdoor picnics and potlucks! Tasty as a main dish or as a side with grilled chicken or fish.
- 3/4 cup adzuki
- 3/4 cup mung beans
- 1/2 cup green lentils
- 7 cups water (or chicken stock if you would like to add a little more flavor)
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (white and green parts)
- 3/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- 5 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice (between 1–2 lemons depending on size)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Combine the adzuki beans, mung beans, and water in a large pot and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Continue to boil for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add green lentils and continue simmering for an additional 30 minutes
- Drain and rinse beans with cool water.
- In a large bowl combine beans with the rest of the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Serve at room temperature.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Boil
- Cuisine: Vegetarian