This gluten-free Chocolate Chip Brownie Cheesecake boasts a rich brownie crust with a silky, cream cheese filling speckled throughout with mini chocolate chips. Top with fresh strawberries for a truly out of this world, decadent, and delicious cheesecake!
What would the mother in your life say if you gave her a slice of this?! Especially after you told her that you made it…from (almost) scratch…just…for…her.
She probably wouldn’t say anything because she’d be speechless.
Speechless like “LOL, no you didn’t make that, now tell me where you bought it from” or speechless because she’s already eating it and you couldn’t quite make out the muffled “THANK YOU, this is the BEST thing you’ve ever made for me.”
Yes, you are going to score major brownie points (pun intended) this Mother’s Day with this chocolate chip brownie cheesecake.
Don’t be intimidated by this cheesecake. This beauty is
This cheesecake recipe was originally inspired by a couple of college students I knew about 15 years ago when I was living in Ocean City, New Jersey for the summer. There were about 100 of us college kiddos living at the beach for the season, working at a variety of summertime jobs, and two students volunteered to cook for ALL 100 of us for the 12 weeks we were there.
Yep, you read that right…100 students, 2 student cooks, and a TON of food.
Those 2 student cooks were amazing women. Amazing because they managed to grocery shop, cook for, and feed all 100 of us crazy hungry college kids, and even more amazing because they went above and beyond the call of duty by making us an after-dinner dessert EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT.
Ummm yes, some bad dessert habits were formed that summer. And I’ll be honest, it took a while to readjust my sweet tooth after I returned home. But let’s not discuss that.
What I’m getting at is if those two college kids can make all that food, you can totally make this cheesecake. And the mother you give it to will
This cheesecake is really just so so SO delicious. It was a little difficult photographing it because every time I would adjust a slice of this brownie creamy goodness I’d get some on my fingers and well…it would be such a waste to just wipe it off, right? Logically I had to eat it.
And then when I began writing this post and thinking about how to adequately explain just how decadent this cheesecake is and how it will make-you-wanna-just-close-your-eyes-after-that-first-bite-to-fully-savor-the-wonderfulness-encompassed-in-it, I couldn’t help but go all in for a full slice. I think it helps me to eat the food while I’m writing about it.
I can’t wait to hear from you all after you’ve made this chocolate chip brownie cheesecake! Be sure to leave a comment below telling me all about how much the recipient of this cheesecake enjoyed it!
I’m pretty sure when all the moms come back together on Monday and begin sharing stories about what their family did for them on Mother’s Day you’ll come out on top.
Because, c’mon, you made her a cheesecake! How awesome is that?!
More Tasty Dessert Recipes!
- Gluten-Free Blackberry Bourbon Pie topped with almond oat brown sugar streusel
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Crisp incredibly easy and super tasty
- Salted Caramel Brownie Ice Cream Parfaits layers of warm brownie, ice cream, and salted caramel
Did You Make This Recipe?!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave me a comment below and tell me about it! And don’t forget to snap a photo and tag @passmesometasty on Instagram so I can see!
This Chocolate Chip Brownie Cheesecake boasts a rich brownie crust with a silky, cream cheese filling speckled throughout with mini chocolate chips. Top it with fresh berries for a truly out of this world, decadent, and delicious cheesecake!
- 3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk (important: do not use evaporated milk!!)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (plus extra for sprinkling on top of the finished cheesecake)
- strawberries for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F degrees.
- Grease bottom of 9-inch springform pan. (I used coconut oil)
- In a mixing bowl mix together brownie mix, eggs, and coconut oil.
- Spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until set. (**PLEASE see notes below for extra tips on baking a cheesecake prior to baking the brownie crust**)
- While the brownie crust is cooking, use a stand mixer or electric beaters to beat cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan (the one with the brownie).
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F degrees.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until center is set (see Notes before baking). DO NOT open the oven door while the cheesecake is baking inside. This could cause your cheesecake to collapse or could cause big cracks to form on top of the cheesecake due to the sudden change in temperature.
- Once the cheesecake has finished cooking, turn off the oven and allow cheesecake to gradually cool in the oven for about an hour, with the oven door slightly cracked open.
- Once cooled, sprinkle top of cheesecake with additional mini chocolate chips and chill thoroughly in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours or preferably overnight.
- Remove side of springform.
- Serve with fresh strawberries or another berry of choice.
One method to help avoid your cheesecake from forming cracks on top is to bake it in a water bath. You do not have to do this if you don’t mind having a possible crack in your cheesecake. It will still taste amazing! And you could always cover the crack up with berries! If you do decide to bake it in a water bath, wrap the outside of the springform pan with aluminum foil before baking the brownie crust. Then when it is time to cook the entire cheesecake, simply place the springform pan with the cheesecake into a larger pan (I used a roasting pan). Place it in the oven and then fill the roasting pan with about 1 inch of hot water. The steam from the hot water will help to create an environment for even baking thereby reducing the likelihood that the cheesecake will crack.
I have conveniently decided to ignore posting the nutritional information for this recipe. Sometimes we just have to enjoy an awesome dessert without thinking about the calories.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cheesecake, dessert, gluten free dessert, chocolate, holiday dessert
Disclaimer: All brand recommendations are purely my own opinion. I am in no way sponsored by the brands mentioned or compensated by the brand for my recommendations. This post may also contain affiliate links which I may receive a small commission from (without any additional costs to you). The money earned from these commissions helps me to maintain this website. Thank you for your support!