Keep cool and have a popsicle. How about a grapefruit peach popsicle with maple and thyme!?
I had you up until I mentioned the thyme, right?
I know, I know. It sounds a little weird. Buuuut it’s really good, in a weird sorta herby popsicle way. And my 3 year old agrees. She often declares, “Mom! These are the BEST popsicles evaaaa!!” while we soak up the rays outside with our goats and chomp on one of these grapefruit peach pops with maple and thyme.
Yes, I have goats. 2 Nigerian dwarf goats to be exact. I can’t believe I haven’t shared stories about these goat babies with you yet. They’re awesome. One likes to jump up on my lap and cuddle. The other knows how to go down a kiddy slide. True story. Cats and dogs are sooo yesterday. Ok, maybe not. I have a dog too. And she’s also pretty great even though she doesn’t go down kiddy slides.
Goat and dog tangent finished.
My 3-year-old has been gobbling up whole grapefruits (minus the skin and seeds of course) like it’s no one’s bizness. It’s kinda crazy how much the little girlie loves grapefruit. So it only made sense to transform her favorite fruit into popsicle form during these hot summa days.
But I like to tinker with flavors and recipes. I couldn’t just settle for plain ‘ole grapefruit popsicles so I got a little cray cray and threw in the peach with some thyme-infused maple syrup. Did you guys know that thyme pairs really well with grapefruit?! I’ve since learned that it’s actually not uncommon for grapefruit and thyme to be paired together in a cocktail. Who knew?!! I didn’t apparently. I’m definitely not educated in the whole cocktail combination scene.
But maybe I should make a grown-up version of this pop…
That could be dangerous. I might end up being the one going down the kiddy slide yelling out, “These are the BEST popsicles evaaa!!!”
Did You Make This Recipe?!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment and a star rating below! I greatly appreciate your feedback and it is also so helpful for other PMST readers who are thinking about making the recipe. Remember to snap a photo and tag @passmesometasty on Instagram so I can see!
Keep cool with these summery and refreshing popsicles featuring pink grapefruit, sweet peaches, and yogurt combined with a thyme infused maple syrup.
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 large pink grapefruit
- 1 peach, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup whole milk plain yogurt or greek yogurt
- In a small saucepan combine maple syrup and sprigs of fresh thyme. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, and cook for about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the thyme to steep in the syrup for about 10 minutes. Strain the thyme and set the syrup aside until slightly cooled.
- Cut both grapefruit in half horizontally and squeeze all of the juice and pulp into a large mixing bowl. Remove any membranes, pith, or seeds that may get in the mix.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, process the grapefruit juice and pulp with the peach slices until it reaches a consistency that you like. I left mine slightly chunky because I like having small bits of frozen grapefruit and peach in the popsicle rather than completely pureed.
- In a bowl combine the maple syrup and processed fruit. Then add the yogurt and gently mix to desired consistency. If you want a marbly look to your popsicles– do not fully blend the yogurt and fruit. Give the mixture a little taste. If you would like it sweeter, you can add a little more maple syrup.
- Pour mixture evenly into each popsicle mold. If your popsicle mold has slots for sticks, you can insert them before freezing – if not, freeze for 2 hours before inserting the wooden popsicle stick. Continue to freeze for an additional 4 hours.
- Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove. Eat and enjoy!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Simmer, Freeze
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: popsicles, grapefruit, ice pops, gluten free, snack, dessert
More Tasty Frozen Recipes!
Salted Caramel Brownie Ice Cream Parfaits – Layers of warm brownie, ice cream, and salted caramel topped with homemade whipped cream and strawberries are what these dessert parfait dreams are made of.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Popsicles – Cookie dough dreams come to life with these chocolate chip cookie dough popsicles! Only minutes to make and using simple ingredients. The challenge is waiting for them to freeze before devouring!
No-Churn Red Wine, Strawberry & Salted Dark Chocolate Ice Cream – A no-churn, light, summery, red-wine infused ice cream with hints of strawberry and salted dark chocolate. Only 10 minutes to prep and 4 hours to freeze before indulging in this adult-only ice cream.
Disclaimer: All brand recommendations are purely my own opinion. I am in no way sponsored by the brands mentioned or compensated by the brand for my recommendations. This post may also contain affiliate links which I may receive a small commission from (without any additional costs to you). The money earned from these commissions helps me to maintain this website. Thank you for your support!