These bacon wrapped dates with Manchego cheese are a salty-sweet appetizer with a spicy kick! Perfect for a party or any type of gathering!
Are you guyz Super Bowling tomorrow?!?!
Are you having a party, no party, a little food, A LOT of food? Does it include some chili bacon wrapped dates with Manchego?! Tell me the details of how you Super Bowl. We can make Super Bowl a verb right? I'm thinking since it's pretty much officially an unofficial holiday with all its own special commercials, appetizers, and game-day chili gloriousness, and cheering and yelling at the TV (even though I still don't know who's playing) it can be a verb.
Are the Patriots playing? I really don't know. I'm usually the one person who Googles it to find out the answer. Not knowing is an unintentional annual Super Bowl tradition of mine.
But no matter who wins the big game I'm definitely winning with these chili bacon wrapped dates with Manchego! I don't know what I'm winning but I know I'm winning something cuz when my peeps eat these tasty stuffed date appetizers, they always say, "Oooh, these dates are sooo winning right now." Yes, they are good but could someone please tell me WHAT exactly it is that I am winning?
Alright, besides current predictions on how the halftime show will shock our socks off this year, let's chit chat about the important stuff. Important Super Bowl stuff = THE FOOD.
Hold that thought. Do you tune in to the Super Bowl only when the halftime show is on OR are you one of those people who only watches the game OOOR do you go for the full Super Bowling experience and watch the game, the halftime show and all the commercials? I'm so curious. Do share.
Bacon wrapped dates with a secret ingredient...
Back to THE FOOD. Chili bacon wrapped dates with manchego my friends. There are a bazillion recipes on the web for bacon wrapped dates. All with their own rendition of what kinda cheese to stuff in the dates, how to prep the bacon, yadda yadda yaaaaaa. But I'm pretty sure there aren't any with chili and Manchego. If there are, don't tell me. I like to feel like I'm original.
How to make these simple, tasty appetizers!
- Each sweet date is stuffed with a little creamy, slightly nutty flavored Manchego
- Then wrap up the date like a pig in a blanket with salty, savory bacon that's been rubbed with chili powder to give it that little extra kick of flavor.
- Bake it between 14-16 minutes in the oven.
And that's it. Badda BOOM.
The first time I had a stuffed cheesy date wrapped in bacon was on a babymoon vacation that my hubby and I took to New York City. And since then, I've been on a quest for the perfect stuffed date flavor combo. I think this date combo is IT.
As in it's winning.
Enjoy and happy Super Bowling friends! ❤
More tasty appetizer recipes!
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more tasty recipe inspiration!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? If so, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment and a star rating below! I greatly appreciate your feedback and it is also so helpful for other PMST readers who are thinking about making the recipe. Remember to snap a photo and tag @passmesometasty on Instagram so I can see!Print
Bacon Wrapped Dates with Manchego
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 16 mins
- Total Time: 26 minutes
- Yield: Makes 16 1x
These bacon wrapped dates with Manchego are a salty-sweet appetizer with a spicy kick! Perfect for a party or any type of gathering!
- 8 strips of bacon, cut in half to make 16 shorter pieces
- 4 teaspoons chili powder, divided
- 16 Medjool dates
- about 2-3 oz. Manchego cheese, cut into 16 small strips so that they can fit inside each date
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Using a small knife, make a small cut in one side of each date and remove the pit.
- Insert 1 piece of cheese into each date.
- Brush bacon slices with ½ teaspoon chili powder (or less if you like less spice) on 1 side of the bacon. Wrap each date with 1 piece of bacon, with chili powder side against the date.
- Secure bacon onto the date by inserting a toothpick through it.
- Place dates on rimmed baking sheet. Roast until bacon is browned on bottom, about 6-7 minutes. Turn dates and roast until bacon is cooked, about 7-9 minutes longer.
- Transfer to a plate with a paper towel to soak up some of the oils and to allow them to cool slightly.
- Transfer to your serving dish and enjoy!
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use or recommend.
Medjool dates and Manchego cheese can be found at most grocery stores. The most economic place I have found both of them at is Costco.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: bacon wrapped dates, appetizer, party food, gluten free
Disclaimer: All brand recommendations are purely my own opinion. I am in no way sponsored by the brands mentioned or compensated by the brand for my recommendations. This post may also contain affiliate links which I may receive a small commission from (without any additional costs to you). The money earned from these commissions helps me to maintain this website. Thank you for your support!
This was so yummy and easy to follow! I normally won’t eat dates but bacon makes everything better!