With just 6 ingredients, these Chia Pudding Parfaits layered with fresh berries are a quick and easy superfood breakfast or a beautiful treat for a brunch or party!
Today is going to begin with a parfait and perusing through a thoughtfully crafted cookbook of farm-fresh clean eating recipes. Two things that make me happy...eating and reading about things I'm going to eat. And apparently parfaits, because these brownie ice cream parfaits happened last time we chatted.
Giveaways also make me happy. Especially when I win. Or when I can give you an opportunity to win.
So let's do a giveaway today! And eat a parfait. Of course.
I sorta have a thing for cookbooks. And this thing has gradually developed into two large cupboards overflowing with cookbooks. My favorite cookbooks in my
obsessive collection are the kind where they show you ALL the pretty pictures of each recipe. I need to SEE the food. Show it to me. Convince me through my eyes that I need to wrangle up the kidlets and head to the grocery store to gather up the ingredients, spend the time cooking it up, and that when all is said and done my family will shower me with praise and adoration and an all-inclusive stay at the beach.
Okay, I'm not that needy. I'd be okay without the praise and adoration if they just gave me the beach vacay.
So recently Danielle, fellow foodie, generously gifted me a copy of her newly published cookbook called Good Food For Everyone: Farm Fresh Clean Eating. And besides the fact that I'm really excited to add another cookbook to my collection (and my hubs is glad to hear that I got it in e-book format) I love how Danielle's cookbook:
- Covers a mindful approach toward implementing clean eating practices into the everyday
- Discusses with thoughtfulness how multiple factors in our SAD (standard American diet) lifestyles have contributed to a plethora of physical ailments and how one can approach a gluten, grain, and soy-free lifestyle
- How to grocery shop and stock your pantry as you pursue clean eating
- And EACH RECIPE HAS A PICTURE! (yes, I'm yelling)
ANNNNNND GUESS WHAT?!?! (sorry, yelling again, not sorry)
Ten of you lucky frenz are going to win your very own copy of Danielle's Good Food For Everyone e-book! (are bold letters better than the all caps yelling?)
But first, before we get to the sign-me-up-to-win part, I want to share one of the recipes in Danielle's cookbook, errr...okay maybe two. Danielle's nice to share like that.
And if you didn't guess by now, we're making some delicious parfaits --> Chia Pudding Parfaits with Fresh Berries.
Why you'll love this recipe
Not only are these parfaits so, sooo good but I think you're going to love them because:
- They require just 6 ingredients
- They are crazy quick and easy to make
- A tasty and nutritious way to start off the morning. Or as a quick on-the-go superfood snack. Ooor, hold on, more ideas are coming to me...these would be perfect to serve if you're hosting a brunch (think Easter or Mother's Day), or some kind of breakfast club party, or maybe a birthday shindig, or as a sweet morning treat delivered to the mother that you praise and adore (unless she's out on a beach vacay and then you can just give it to her when she returns)
There are a lot of options with these parfaits people.
- Fresh berries - Use any kind that you like!
- Coconut milk - Try your hand at making homemade coconut milk (see video below!) or use canned coconut milk. I love how thick and creamy the chia pudding becomes when using full fat canned coconut milk.
- Chia seeds - Find them at any grocery store
- Salt - Don't skip the salt! A little bit really does enhance the flavor of the pudding.
- Maple syrup - Be sure to use pure maple syrup.
How to prepare these parfaits
The night before you want to eat your parfait simply mix chia seeds together with coconut milk, vanilla, maple syrup and a dash of sea salt and let it sit overnight. That's when the magic happens.
The chia seeds soften and become mucilaginous -> big word not to be confused with mucous. But basically, the lil' chia seeds will become thick and puddin' like. When you wake up the next morning all you have to do is layer the lightly sweetened chia pudding with all of the berries your heart desires. That's it. Easy peasy.
How to make homemade coconut milk
If you want to take your parfait to the next level of superfood superstardom try making your own coconut milk! Homemade coconut milk tastes really good and it's ridiculously easy to make.
Some people use a nut milk bag to strain their homemade coconut milk but I don't have one and I happened to get a really great $2 deal at the craft store on a piece of voile fabric which works just as well. Check out the video. ⬇
However, canned or carton coconut milk works just as well if that's your thang and you're in a pinch to eat a parfait. And personally, I find the full-fat canned coconut milk quite dreamy in these parfaits (which is what I used for the parfaits in these pics). It's like dessert in disguise for breakfast.
Now about that giveaway! Ten lucky winners will receive Danielle's 196-page cookbook e-book of simple farm-fresh creations, which is filled with tasty recipes like French Onion Criminis, Taco Collard Wraps with Cashew Cream & Salsa Fresca, Gnocchi with Garlic Sage Butter & Spinach, Slow Cooker Short Ribs, Blueberry Coffee Cake, and Sweet Potato Cinnamon Rolls. Yummm.
Okay...you ready for the giveaway?!?!
Three, two, one...
Thank you to everyone who participated in the giveaway! The giveaway is now officially closed.
The giveaway is open until Friday, March 24th, 2017 at 12:00AM PST. The giveaway is only open to residents of the U.S. and Canada. Winners will be chosen randomly and announced on this post. We will email the winners and if the winners don't respond in 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
Here’s to farm-fresh clean eating! And many thanks to Danielle for sharing her delicious recipes!
More tasty breakfast recipes!
- Sheet Pan Sweet Potato Hash with baked eggs & romesco
- Baked Frittata with sausage, kale, & sun-dried tomato pesto
- Berry Overnight Oats prep the night before for a simple morning breakfast
- Crustless Zucchini Bacon Quiche perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, and even dinner
- Creamy Vegan Spiced Steamer starting your morning off with this cozy beverage
Did You Make This Recipe?!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment and a star rating below! I greatly appreciate your feedback and it is also so helpful for other PMST readers who are thinking about making the recipe. Remember to snap a photo and tag @passmesometasty on Instagram so I can see!
Disclaimer: All brand recommendations are purely my own opinion. I am in no way sponsored by the brands mentioned or compensated by the brand for my recommendations. This post may also contain affiliate links which I may receive a small commission from (without any additional costs to you). The money earned from these commissions helps me to maintain this website. Thank you for your support!