Bring on the fresh produce, simple ingredients, and flavors that sing of warmer days with backyard bbqs and picnics with a Mediterranean Bean Salad!
Cuz let’s be honest, how many of us have been baking cakes, cookies, and artisanal bread like our existence depends on it. Remember those healthy resolutions we all made back in January? Yeah, me neither.
What day is it anyway? And why is there so much laundry in my house?
So let’s get honest. How is it going with alllll of that free time that sheltering in place is purportedly providing for learning 10 languages, doing a full interior DIY home renovation, and cooking your way through Julia Child’s 2 Volume Set of Mastering the Art of French Cooking?
Yeah, I’m with you. Let’s blame it on the laundry. Or the explosion of dishes in the sink. Or just life, right?
In a weird way my family is kind of (and I say this verrry loosely) settling into this new temporary not-so-normal normal. But easy meals are still a priority. Particularly meals that nutritionally satisfy and provide awesome leftovers like this Mediterranean Bean Salad.
And last I checked, the ingredients for this tasty bean salad haven’t succumbed to pandemic buying. There’s still a run on chicken breast, yeast, and toilet paper but gosh darn it, at least we can still grab the ingredients to eat this really tasty salad.
So Here’s What You’ll Need To Make This Bean Salad
- Cannellini Beans: Also known as white kidney beans, but Great Northern beans would work too.
- English Cucumber: You could also use regular cucumber but English cukes tend to be sweeter, have thinner skins, and less seeds.
- Red Bell Pepper: Fresh, crunchy, vibrant, sweet.
- Red Onion: Thinly sliced and just enough to give the salad a little zing.
- Fresh Parsley: But fresh cilantro would be amazing too (except for those of you that just started shouting that it tastes like soap, can we still be friends?)
- Feta: Soft, creamy Mediterranean sheep cheese. Buy feta packed in brine versus already crumbled if you can.
- Lemon Vinaigrette: So easy to make — a little EVOO, a little white wine vinegar, a big splash of fresh lemon, salt, pepper, and maybe some red pepper flakes. Tasty, easy homemade dressing is the best.
Fresh. Satisfying. Simple ingredients.
How To Make This Mediterranean Salad
You ready for this?! 15 minutes is all you’ll need.
- Chop (the veggies)
- Crumble (the feta)
- Mix (put everything in a bowl and give it a good toss)
- Drizzle (the lemon vinaigrette)
And that’s it! Besides opening two cans of beans, rinsing them, and throwing them in the salad too.
And if you feel like going rogue with your salad try changing it up with these substitutions or optional add-in ideas:
- Switch out the cannellini beans for red kidney beans, black beans, or chickpeas!
- Love olives? Kalamata olives would be perfect.
- Or how about tossing in some capers.
- Throw in a handful of halved cherry tomatoes
- Try adding some cubed avocado (this would be so tasty)
- Add some fresh spearmint and/or basil for an extra flavor boost
- Want some extra protein? Try canned tuna or hard-boiled eggs.
So many possibilities. And SO simple, right?! Yes, yes it is.
If you make this Mediterranean Bean Salad, I’d love to hear about it! Scroll down and leave a comment or give this recipe a rating. I would love to hear from you! And don’t forget to snap a photo and tag @passmesometasty on Instagram so I can see! ♡Print
A satisfying and filling salad that is perfect for lunch! This Mediterranean Bean Salad is also a fantastic side dish for outdoor bbqs and picnics. Pairs well with grilled chicken, fish, or shrimp.
For the Salad:
- 2 (15-oz.) cans cannellini beans (also known as white kidney beans, Great Northern beans would work also), drained and rinsed
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 4 oz feta, crumbled
- Kosher salt
- black pepper to taste
For the Lemon Vinaigrette:
- In a large bowl, toss all of the salad ingredients together.
- In a jar with a fitted lid, add all of the lemon vinaigrette ingredients. Close the jar and shake until thoroughly combined.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over salad and serve!
- Category: Salad
- Method: Chop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: salad, salad recipes, beans, bean recipes, healthy lunch ideas, gluten free recipes, mediterranean salad
Lunch time just got tastier friends.
More Tasty Salad Recipes!
Three Bean Salad: A fresh and flavorful Three Bean Salad perfect for outdoor picnics and potlucks! Tasty as a main dish or as a side with grilled chicken or fish.
Potato Salad with Caramelized Onions & Fresh Herbs: Fresh herbs, caramelized onions, crispy salty bacon, hard-boiled eggs, and baby potatoes are combined in a light and tangy Champagne mustard vinaigrette dressing. A tasty rendition to the popular classic potato salad! A perfect side dish for any bbq, potluck, or summertime gathering!
Spicy Red Quinoa Salad: A tasty, heart healthy quinoa salad with a spicy kick! Great as a meal in itself or as a side dish served with grilled shrimp, chicken, or salmon.
Disclaimer: All brand recommendations are purely my own opinion and are brands/products that I personally use and enjoy. This post may also contain affiliate links which I may receive a small commission from (without any additional costs to you). The money earned from these commissions helps me to maintain this website. Thank you for supporting Pass Me Some Tasty!