These grilled garlic lemon halloumi & veggie kabobs are a basic summertime bbq staple. A no-fuss, easy meal that can stand alone or be served alongside grilled chicken, steak, shrimp, or salmon.
Summer calls for BBQs. And when I'm BBQing, I'm all about kabobs, skewers, kebobs, whatever you want to call them...and I'm all about keeping it super basic. These grilled garlic lemon Halloumi and veggie skewers are my basic summertime meal life right now.
And dipping my toes in the kid's inflatable pool. With a glass of rosé in hand. Duh.
See picture above. It's a visual representation of how basic I'm suggesting your cooking should be this summer. VERY basic. I forgot to include the olive oil and Italian herbs in the pic, but don't let that deter you. Olive oil and herbs are basic.
Recipe instructions that are as easy as 1-2-3
Here's how very basic this recipe is.
- Chop up all of your veggies and cube your Halloumi.
- Throw it in a bowl with all the bright and joyous flavors of lemon, garlic, olive oil, and Italian seasonings. Then let it take a siesta in your fridge until grillin' time.
- Once you're ready to fire up the grill, skewer everything (except your hand, be careful), and place the skewers on the grill for a handful of minutes on each side.
Aaand done. Too basic?
Initially I questioned if this recipe was too basic to share.
But then I came across an article from Bon Appetit where they explain how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I raised one eyebrow and understood why they turned off the comments for that post.
If BA has the guts to share the refined and complicated art of making a pb&j, well then by golly I can share my basic summertime skewers.
Maybe I should turn off the comments for this post. Especially if I say golly again.
Why you'll love this recipe
- They are a great way to make use of all of those zucchini overflowing in your garden as well as the other farmer's market summertime produce.
- HALLOUMI CHEESE. PERIOD. You don't have to include the cheese if you don't want to, but why wouldn't you want?! That's just crazy talk. Sign me up for Cheese Club of the Month.
- A fantastic and flavorful way (I heart lemon and garlic) to get more vegetables into our lives. Eat the rainbow friends.
- Did I mention that we are grilling some CHEESE with these veggies?! Halloumi cheese is a tasty semi-hard, salty, amazing grillable cheese that doesn't make an oily mess all over the place when you grill it. Will the real grilled cheese please stand up.
- SIMPLE. Dinner could not possibly get any easier. Simple meals and summer go hand in hand. Along with inflatable kiddie pools and rosé. Duh.
- These kabobs can be easily paired with some grilled protein. Steak, chicken, shrimp, salmon. You pick.
That's it folks. Welcome to summer. Welcome to basic. Summer vacation is officially beginning in 3...2...1...
More tasty summertime recipes!
- Bacon Blue Cheese Burger with roasted garlic aioli
- Peach Caprese Salad sweet, juicy, and amazing
- Mexican Street Corn Salad (Esquites) perfect for potlucks and BBQs
- Gluten-Free Blueberry Crisp a super simple dessert
Did You Make This Recipe?!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment and a star rating below! I greatly appreciate your feedback and it is also so helpful for other PMST readers who are thinking about making the recipe. Remember to snap a photo and tag @passmesometasty on Instagram so I can see!
Disclaimer: All brand recommendations are purely my own opinion. I am in no way sponsored by the brands mentioned or compensated by the brand for my recommendations. This post may also contain affiliate links which I may receive a small commission from (without any additional costs to you). The money earned from these commissions helps me to maintain this website. Thank you for your support!