Raw zucchini is spiralized and tossed with sweet grape tomatoes, fresh basil, creamy feta, diced avocados, and a simple lemon garlic vinaigrette. This Tomato Avocado Zucchini Salad is a simple 10-minute recipe with healthy, gluten-free ingredients. A delicious side dish that can be served with just about everything!
HELLO Tomato Avocado Zucchini Salad.
How do we feel about eating raw zucchini?
Actually, how do we feel about eating raw zucchini that is spiralized and tossed with sweet grape tomatoes, fresh basil, creamy feta, and diced, buttery avocado in a simple, tasty blend of fresh lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and garlic?
We should definitely feel very good about this. TRUST me.
You don’t need to own a spiralizer to make this salad. You can unleash your ninja knife skills instead and slice the zucchini into thin rounds. I don’t have that kind of skill (yet) so I’ll match your knife skills with my spiralizer because:
A) Spiralizing is fun
B) It’s a lot quicker than thinly slicing a bazillion zucchini rounds
C) I find myself consuming more veggies when they are spiralized into fun curlicues. Plus I like the word curlicue.
The rest of the salad comes together in a snap. Add your zucchini curlicues to big chunks of diced buttery avocado…
Throw in some finely chopped fresh basil (hellooo summer flavors)….
Add some sweet, juicy grape tomatoes for an extra burst of flavor (cherry tomatoes would work just fine too)…
Then round it out with chunks of creamy, fresh feta and a simple lemony garlic vinaigrette.
We’ll quickly find ourselves mowing down on a colorful, slightly crispy crunchy salad (raw zucchini is taking the place of lettuce) that is also creamy and flavorful and requiring very minimal food prep. It’s a raw veggie feast (er…and fruit cuz technically tomatoes and avos are fruit, but whatever) that is filling and perfect for lazy days, busy days, and all the in-between days. You with me on this?
Who this salad is for:
- People who don’t enjoy cooking or turning on the oven, I totally understand
- People who love basic meals with basic ingredients but still want awesome taste
- People who need a lazy day – that’s all of us right?
- Super busy people, because you still need to eat and be nourished
- People looking to add more veggies and healthy-ish eating to their lives, I got your back
- People who love finding any reason to include avocado on what they’re eating, you know who you are
- People who have a garden and are about to get hit up with an overabundance of zucchini
Let’s have a show of hands if any of these apply to you.
YES…I see you and I see you over there. And you way back there. This salad is meant for you all.
The hardest part is having good manners while you eat it. Sometimes the urge to fit the zuke curlicues with the sweet little tomatoes and the feta and diced avo all in your mouth at the same time is just so strong. Just stuff a big bite in. You know what I mean?
I thought so. I see you too. ♡
More tasty salad recipes!
- Arugula Spinach Salad with Winter Citrus
- Spiralized Cucumber Summer Salad
- Picnic Perfect Kale Quinoa Salad + Cider Vinaigrette
- Green Salad with Grapefruit and Red & Golden Beets + Balsamic Dressing
- Spicy Red Quinoa Salad
- Brussels Sprout & Pancetta Salad with Chili-Lime Vinaigrette
- Three Bean Salad
Did You Make This Recipe?!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment and a star rating below! I greatly appreciate your feedback and it is also so helpful for other PMST readers who are thinking about making the recipe. Remember to snap a photo and tag @passmesometasty on Instagram so I can see!
Raw zucchini is spiralized and tossed with sweet grape tomatoes, fresh basil, creamy feta, diced avocados, and a simple lemon garlic vinaigrette. An easy, healthy, gluten free recipe to serve with just about everything!
- 3–4 medium-sized zucchini
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large Hass avocado, diced
- 6 oz. feta, cubed (I prefer feta blocks in brine versus the feta that is already cubed or crumbled)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the ends off of the zucchini and discard. Using a spiralizer, make wide, ribbon noodles. If after spiralizing you are left with one long, continuous zucchini ribbon, use kitchen shears to snip it into shorter length ribbons to make it more manageable for serving.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss the zucchini ribbons with the mixture in the bowl.
- Place salad into a flat dish or bowl to serve.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: zucchini, salad, gluten free, lunch, side dish, summer
This tomato avocado zucchini salad is coming in fast and strong with all of the warmer weather spring and summer vibes. Eat it and love it.
Disclaimer: All brand recommendations are purely my own opinion and are brands/products that I personally use and enjoy. This post may also contain affiliate links which I may receive a small commission from (without any additional costs to you).