These Vegan Salad Spring Rolls are a fresh and delicious way to eat a rainbow medley of vegetables. Accompanied by a sweet & slightly spicy peanut sauce. Perfect for a quick and easy lunch, dinner, or even as a snack!
‘Twas the night before Christmas, when all thro’ the house,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse;
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of spring rolls danc’d in their heads...
Okay okay, maybe it wasn't spring rolls that were getting jiggy wit it in their heads. I knoooow. It's two days before Christmas and all I'm giving you is SPRING ROLLS?!?!?
Yep yep yippee.
Why you'll love this recipe
- EASY --> Easy ingredients. Easy to prep. Easy to make. Easy starting point for your New Years foodie resolutions. Just hit the Easy button already.
- FAST --> Which basically goes along with easy. These salad springs rolls can be made in 5 minutes flat. Even if you don't have all your ingredients pre-prepped they are still crazy quick to make. Crazy like the holiday shopper that is waiting until the last day to do their shopping. You brave last-minute shopper you. Take some of these vegan salad spring rolls with you. Wrap them up in some plastic wrap, stuff 'em in your purse or man bag and fly like the reindeer before the stores close up. You've got this. Especially with this quick, nutritious snack as your backup.
- HEART HEALTHY --> While this time of year my/you/our food cravings gravitate toward recipes that are mind-blowingly decadent and indulgent, don't forget that the heart, body, and mind need some veggies. Gimme all the veggies!!! = What the 6-year-old never did say. Oooh, but wha Wha WAAIIIT, she did yesterday when she thought her mom was making some kinda "cool" food cuz spring rolls look so legit like that and then the 6-year-old asked to make her own and said she would even eat it. And.............. guess.......... WHAT?!?!?!?......... THE 6 YEAR OLD ATE IT ALL! I'm such an awesome mom. Sigh...
- I probably don't even need to point this last one out but just in case you forgot. PEANUT SAUCE. I knew you didn't forget it. Peanut Sauce + Spring Rolls = vegetable dipping bliss. Still contemplating the peanut sauce chapstick. Whaddyathink?!?
Set up a veggie buffet with lettuce, red cabbage, red bell peppers, carrots, cilantro, fresh basil, and rice vermicelli noodles and have a spring roll wrapping party with your fam.
Feel free to get wild with your spring rolls. I'm just giving you a starting point. Add any veggies you fancy or even some tofu. Want some meat? Add it in! Chicken, shrimp, or steak all work.
And it's with these vegan salad spring rolls with peanut sauce that I'm wrapping up 2016! My first year of blogging summed up with 27 recipes that I hope you have enjoyed and shared with the ones you love.
Thank you for joining me in my debut year whether it was by posting a comment on this blog, hanging out with me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, or Twitter, or even telling me in person that you made a recipe and it's become one of your go-to's. I have truly loved hearing from you and having you join me on this journey of food and life.
May you have an absolutely fantastic Christmas full of merriment and joy!
See you in 2017!
More tasty vegan recipes!
Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook for more tasty recipe inspiration!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE? If so, I’d love to hear about it! Leave a comment and a star rating below! I greatly appreciate your feedback and it is also so helpful for other PMST readers who are thinking about making the recipe. Remember to snap a photo and tag @passmesometasty on Instagram so I can see!Print
Vegan Salad Spring Rolls
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 23 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
A fresh and delicious way to eat a rainbow medley of vegetables that is accompanied with a sweet & slightly spicy peanut sauce. Perfect for a quick and easy lunch, dinner, or even as a snack.
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup (approximately) red cabbage, thinly sliced
- a handful of fresh cilantro
- a handful of fresh basil
- 3 oz. (approximately) rice vermicelli noodles, cooked (follow instructions on package)
- prepared or homemade peanut sauce for dipping
- Prep all of your vegetables and arrange them buffet style so that they are all ready to go. Feel free to add any additional vegetables that you enjoy. You can also include chicken, shrimp, steak, or tofu.
- Fill a large bowl with warm water and soften the rice paper by dipping it into the warm water, one at a time, for about 5 to 10 seconds each. If your rice paper is breaking, it is most likely because it's been dipped in the water for too long.
- Remove rice paper from water and lay on a flat surface.
- Beginning at one end of the rice paper, layer your vegetables beginning with the lettuce first and then adding the cabbage, bell pepper, carrot, rice vermicelli noodles, cilantro, and basil on top.
- Gently fold rice paper end over the veggies once and then tuck in the edges. Once edges are tucked, continue rolling and tucking in edges as tightly as you can without ripping the paper until the seam is sealed.
- Serve immediately with peanut sauce!
If not serving immediately, wrap spring rolls in plastic wrap to preserve. If your spring rolls contain meat, be sure to refrigerate as well until you are ready to serve them.
- Category: Lunch, Dinner, Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: spring rolls, gluten free, vegan
Disclaimer: All brand recommendations are purely my own opinion. I am in no way sponsored by the brands mentioned or compensated by the brand for my recommendations. This post may also contain affiliate links which I may receive a small commission from (without any additional costs to you). The money earned from these commissions helps me to maintain this website. Thank you for your support!
Yummy, Shannon! I've NEVER even bought rice paper, but your blog inspired me to do so and I just made myself some rolls for a late night snack. I'm now making the peanut sauce and I'm sure it's going to be just as yummy! Thanks!
Awesome Ann! That's so fun to hear that you were inspired to try something new! I hope you enjoy the spring rolls with that peanut sauce!! ❤
My Vegan Spring Rolls came out fantastic, and the peanut sauce is the bomb!!! Thank you!!!!!!
Awesome! I love hearing that Michele! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. : )
Hi Shannon, I just stumbled across your website and can't wait to try these with your peanut sauce! Normally I'm not one for commenting on recipes (I know, I know, I make food bloggers sad), but seeing how your recipes and photography look so amazing, and that you're also in Portland, I had to! Now I won't have to go to the food carts downtown to get my Spring Roll fix! Thanks so much for taking the time to share this awesome recipe!
Aaah Kati, you just totally made my day! Thanks for your sweet comment and I feel especially honored since you don't normally comment on food blogs. ? I hope these spring rolls and the peanut sauce just knock your socks off because I hear ya on those food carts. Those carts turn out some crazy good food!
Love this and love your variation of The Night Before Christmas! These look so fresh and simple!
Thank you Christine! I think my variation stems from wishful thinking that my kiddos will choose veggies over sugar. At least sometimes. ; )
I love these! Crunchy, fresh, holiday snack alternative. Nice!
Thanks Joseph! I love hearing that you loved these! : )